|1||112||OUTER COMPLEX||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 2|
|2||113||AMMUNITION DUMP ||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 3|
|3||122||RECREATION ROOMS||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 4|
|4||131||MED. LAB||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 5|
|5||114||AMMUNITION DUMP 2||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 6|
|6||141||GARAGE||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 7|
|7||115||AMMUNITION DUMP 3||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 8|
|8||154||ATMOSPHERE PROCESSOR||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 9|
|9||155||SECURITY CATWALKS||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 10|
|10||161||ATMOSPHERE BASEMENT||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 11|
|11||162||QUEEN'S LAIR ||SECTION 1 -- LEVEL 12|
|12||211||LIVING QUARTERS||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 1|
|13||212||CANTEEN||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 2|
|14||213||MEETING TOWER||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 3|
|15||222||LEADWORKS||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 4|
|16||242||TUNNELS AND DUCTS 1||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 5|
|17||231||MINING AND SMELTING||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 6|
|18||232||FURNACE CONTROLS||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 7|
|19||243||TUNNELS AND DUCTS 2||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 8|
|20||262||LEAD MOULD||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 9|
|21||263||QUEEN'S LAIR ||SECTION 2 -- LEVEL 10|
|22||311||TUNNELS||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 1|
|23||321||PILOT'S CHAMBERS 1||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 2|
|24||331||CANYONS AND CATACOMBS||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 3|
|25||322||PILOT'S CHAMBERS 2||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 4|
|26||351||SECRETS||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 5|
|27||352||INORGANICS 1||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 6|
|28||323||PILOT'S CHAMBERS 3||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 7|
|29||371||DROP LIFTS||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 8|
|30||353||INORGANICS 2||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 9|
|31||324||PILOT'S CHAMBERS 4||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 10|
|32||381||EGG CHAMBERS||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 11|
|33||325||PILOT'S CHAMBERS 5||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 12|
|34||391||QUEEN'S LAIR ||SECTION 3 -- LEVEL 13|
For a PRINT-ME version of these Walk-Through
Notes only (black text on white background)
1. Spoiler alert! Alien Trilogy is a game loaded with secrets. In addition, there are many nuances to the gameplay itself. Both facets of this experience may take days to uncover and weeks to master. While not all gamers may be this determined, to maximize your enjoyment I would modestly suggest giving each level in Alien Trilogy a thorough workout before defaulting to the pertinent walk-through. And be sure to take time to admire the cryotubes along the way . . .
2. These walk-throughs stand alone. Even though maps are available for each level, these walk-throughs are detailed enough in their directions and in descriptions of locations to function independently of the maps. The maps, however, do make navigation significantly easier (and often more efficient) and are HIGHLY recommended.
3. The same maps are available at both the walk-throughs and at the maps page. You can access the maps directly from the walk-throughs themselves (map links are provided below the title of each level) or you can go to the MAPS PAGE. Be sure to read the IMPORTANT NOTES ON THE MAPS and print a MAP KEY before attempting to use the maps.
4. These walk-throughs are all written for the HARD difficulty setting. They will minimize backtracking in order to avoid reactivating previously-killed enemies. They may occasionally tell you to lead enemies to places where you can kill them and avoid reactivating them later in the game; ignore this on the EASY and MEDIUM settings. On these easier settings, you will want to retrace your steps to maximize ammo, health, and armor by using them when you really need them instead of when you find them. For example, if your armor is already at 92, don't grab that acid vest just yet--kill enemies until your armor is running low and then back up and get it. I have given the most efficient route I found (in terms of picking up powerups when most needed while at the same time reawakening the fewest enemies) for completing each level, although in some cases going in a different direction first was just as good. I assume on many levels that you already have ammunition (particularly seismic charges and grenades) stockpiled from previous levels; if you run out of these prematurely, you will have to rearrange your route to grab the powerups available on that level before they are needed. Without previously-acquired explosives, you may also have to settle for re-killing enemies that revive because they weren't explosively incinerated the first time they were encountered.
5. These walk-throughs are extremely detailed and many are QUITE long. While some may find them a little tedious to wade through, nearly any problem that might be encountered while playing the game will be covered. Unless you are simply checking the location of a secret or two, it will be easiest to print out a copy of the PRINT-ME VERSION of each of the three walk-through parts (via the link at the top of each section) or of individual levels (via the link immediately below each level title) and work from a printout. Attempting to print directly from any non-PRINT-ME web pages may result in either no apparent printout (your printer will "print" white text on white paper) or costly white text on black background printing!
6. There are a number of SEQUENCE-RELATED BUGS in this game. On certain levels, for example, if you do not explore the secrets in a very specific order you will receive less than 100% for SECRETS. This particular SECRETS-related bug is fixed in ALL the walk-throughs presented here. However, on other levels you may need to kill the aliens or acquire certain powerups in a particular order to score 100% for ALIENS and for MISSION, respectively. These ALIENS- and MISSION-related bugs are more difficult to account for. The reason for this is that these walk-throughs are written (and proofed) for the HARD difficulty setting. If you go through a level on HARD and revive (and re-kill) 10 aliens, you may still score 100% for ALIENS even though you completed the level in the "wrong" order. The additional aliens killed may "mask" the fact that on the EASY or MEDIUM difficulty settings (with no revived enemies) you may receive less than 100% for this category even after actually killing every single alien. MISSION scores may be affected in the same way. If you are collecting ID tags as part of your mission, for example, re-killing 1 or 2 extra ID-carrying humans may provide you with additional ID tags and a 100% score. The same exact route on EASY or MEDIUM settings may leave you deficient, even if every required item is actually retrieved, simply because you collected them in the "wrong" order. Where I have detected this problem at the HARD difficulty setting, I note it in the walk-throughs. However, if you follow the walk-throughs exactly at one of the 2 easier difficulty settings and still come up with deficient scores, alter your route to locate the "correct" sequence. A much easier method for compensating for ALIENS-deficient scores only is to deliberately release and kill some additional facehuggers from eggs (or chestbursters from infected humans) where these are available. Do note, however, that unless you fail to complete your MISSION and must automatically replay the level, the MISSION ASSESSMENT scores do not affect the game or game ending in any way.
7. If you have any problems with these walk-throughs (you keep getting lost because the directions aren't clear, you encounter an inaccuracy, you just can't beat a particular group of enemies, etc.), please E-MAIL me to let me know. I want to make any corrections needed to render these walk-throughs accurate and complete.